Sunday, June 12, 2005

Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell by Susannah Clarke

Genre: Fiction
Rating: ***

I finished this book about a month ago. A tale about magicians and reviving magic in England. It was quite an enjoyable read despite getting a bit tedious at times (especially the first part on Mr. Norrell). The book for some reason, reminded me of a cross between Harry Potter and Jane Austen. I think because the content is about magic but the language and style is quite old-fashioned. Once I'd finished it, I have to say I didn't feel absolutely satisfied. I wasn't sure if I liked the book or not, it had some really good moments and some really long-winded sections. Perhaps the book would have been a lot better if it had been shorter and faster-paced. However, I absolutely adored the dynamics between Strange and his wife, they seem to me the ideal couple :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home